Monday, August 29, 2011

Abisko - On Second Thought



安土敦乎仁,故能爱 -- 《易经》
( -- I Ching)

The second day in Abisko started with cloudy weather. I was contented as long as it did not rain! Though the hiking rule always goes "light is right," I decided to bring Canon semiprofessional camera, hoping to catch unexpected scenes at the mountain peak.

It was totally a wrong idea! The mountain was abrupt and the trail was muddy. What's worse, the dense fog filmed over the mountain when I finally approached the top. Any camera turned useless. Even worse, the rain lashed down when I went downhill. I held the camera bag tightly, like a maid-in-waiting holding the empress' jewel box!


IMG_3349
(a mist filmed over the mountain)


Being all wet, I should by no means be happy! Yet I was! It was not the scenery that brought me with satisfaction, rather the process of hiking, and all hearty effort made toward achieving the top. The only Zen you can find on the top of mountains is the Zen you bring up there...

The rain stopped without an omen as it started. Sitting on the rock, I heard the wind and smelt familiar floral breath. I suddenly cheered up. Maybe it was the luster and aroma in the memory that lightened me. It felt like a part of me reviving in the fragrance., or like a snail crawling out of her heavy shell.


每当这时,我都有一种冲动,想扔掉自己,像丢掉一件又脏又旧没了筋骨的衣服一样,重头开始过我的生命。一些重要的东西变得毫无意义,一道坚硬的石墙在我面前纷纷崩落,瞬间回到了从前,我不断地在追寻,这种生命中的安宁喜悦,我想要回到它之中,无时无刻。

IMG_3332
The sun surprisingly emerged from thick clouds. At the transient moment I saw the snow-peaked mountain and the sun beamed down. How long have I been waiting for such a moment? Isn't waiting a kind of fine pain? Nope. Connecting each such pain, and you will find happiness. It's ‘durch Leiden Freude'.

IMG_3337
(snow peak)
IMG_3338

(the sun beamed down)


等待是一种细碎的痛苦   
连缀起来就成了幸福   
人生来就是为了等待死亡   
就是为了死前爬上一次高岗   
等云升
等云到   
等云去   
等云老




Photographed by Jennie Bai.
Copyright ©Jennie Bai. All Rights Reserved.


Related articles:
          Abisko II - On Second Thought
          Abisko IV - Alpine Flower
          Abisko V - Epilogue


1 comment:

asani said...

You have a poet's mind and pen, Jennie.